Thursday, January 20, 2011

CALF UPDATE

January 13, 2011 Thursday

We saw Dr. Hammond today. She said my calf is doing well. I’m supposed to wear the TED hose for 2 more weeks to keep the swelling down in my ankle and then I’m done. I don’t even have to return to see her for this. Yahoo! Somehow we got talking about hair, and she mentioned she has daughters and isn’t very good at fixing their hair. So I mentioned our daughter-in-law’s blog, Babes in Hairland. She wrote it down so she can look it up and maybe get some ideas. Not quite a missionary referral; I guess we could call it a blog referral.
We followed up on a referral today and she said we could come back tomorrow and talk to her. Her name is Ping Ling. Her English is really good, so it should be easier teaching her than some of the folks we’ve run into who can hardly speak English. I commented to Sister Kruger about the number of non-Australians on our referral list, and she said that is who is joining the church here now.
We got a new fridge today. It’s still a used mission fridge, but at least it won’t be draining water onto the floor. Brother Crawford also brought us a clothes dryer and an air conditioner. With the dryer, I hopefully won’t have to be ironing as much. The air conditioner is an old thing. We aren’t sure if it works. We didn’t even try it out tonight because a cool wind moved in about 4 pm today and the house it quite pleasant tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment